This blueberry jam muffin recipe makes fluffy and moist muffins that explode with sweet, juicy blueberry jam. Grab one for your breakfast before you head out to work!
If you’re not a huge breakfast person or you just don’t want to spend a large amount of time preparing breakfast, you can make some blueberry jam muffin in advance and stash them in your fridge.
Or, whenever you need a wonderful dose of bursting blueberry goodness, you can just make some blueberry jam muffin! Since I’m a blueberry jam fan, I also use it for my Bakewell tart recipe as well.
You can definitely make your own blueberry jam to use it for this recipe but I always find it easier and faster to just use store-bought blueberry jam. In this blueberry jam muffin recipe, I also made my own spin on a healthy blueberry muffin by using oats.
How to make (step-by-step)
Step 1: Mixing the ingredients
Begin by preheating the oven to 375°F or 190°C. Line 12 to 14 paper baking cups in a muffin pan. Depending on the number of molds in your muffin pan, you can adjust the number of baking cups.
Mix the all-purpose flour, oat, brown sugar, baking soda and baking powder in a mixing bowl. Leave it aside.
Next, mix the eggs and milk, then add oil, and stir it until well combined. Pour it into the flour mixture from before. Stir and mix slowly.
Lastly, add the vanilla essence and stir again.
Step 2: Bake the muffins
Using a spoon, scoop the batter into the prepared muffin pan. Spoon the blueberry jam on top of each muffin.
Put the muffin pan into the oven and bake at 375°F or 190°C for 20 minutes or until the muffins are cooked through.
How should I store these blueberry jam muffins?
You can store these muffins in an airtight container on your countertop for up to 4 days. If you store them in the fridge, you can keep them up to 1 week. Freezing these muffins can definitely keep them for longer, just remember to allow them to thaw before serving.
Related Baking Recipes
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (240g)
- 2 cups oats (180g)
- 2/3 cup brown sugar (120g)
- 3 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/4 cup blueberry jam (400g)
- 1 1/3 cup milk (320ml)
- 2 eggs
- 3.75oz cooking oil (120ml)
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- Preheat oven to 375°F or 190°C. Put 12-14 paper baking cups in a muffin pan.
- Mix all ingredients A in a mixing bowl. Set it aside.
- For ingredients B, combine the eggs with milk. Add oil and stir well. Then pour into the mixed ingredients A. Stir slowly. Add the vanilla essence and stir again.
- Spoon the batter into the muffin pan. Put blueberry jam on top of each muffin.
- Bake in the oven at 375°F or 190°C for 20 minutes until the muffins are cooked through.
- Store the muffins in an airtight container on your counter for up to 4 days. Store them in the fridge for up to 1 week.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 319Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 28mgSodium: 375mgCarbohydrates: 51gFiber: 2gSugar: 22gProtein: 5g